Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Senior Application Developer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Senior Application Developer to join our team in our Northridge, CA offices.
The Senior Application Developer will work as part of a small team in the Enterprise Applications department. This position will have a focus to deliver custom developed applications in support of business systems primarily in the manufacturing and operations arena. When needed, this position requires the ability to assist business users defining their requirements, researching, coding to industry software and database design principles and promoting new coding standards to peers. This position requires that the candidate possess the skills needed to be a contributor full-cycle developer on projects if necessary. This position will work closely with manufacturing operators, department supervisors, department managers, value stream managers, and operations plant managers as well as the Business Systems organization.
Must be a US citizen, and ability to immediately obtain an Interim Secret Clearance. While the position does not require off hours on a regular basis, the Senior Application Developer must have the capability to work off hours/weekends as required (e.g., taking a system down, performing an upgrade, etc.).
- Work as part of a team and provide system solutions as required.
- Provide support to the user base, and backup to co-workers
- Develop applications following an established Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process
- Participate in routine code reviews across IT development efforts
- Provide technical troubleshooting for both custom and commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) systems
- Modify existing and create new reports and report models
- Write SQL code for troubleshooting and data analysis
- Support existing interfaces and create new interfaces as required
- Work with IT management to provide schedules for software and report deliverables
- Works directly with users of data to resolve data conflicts, solution incidents and inappropriate usage
- Four year degree in software engineering, computer science or information technology/information systems
- 5 + years’ of experience and understanding to identify technology and business requirements
- Experience creating custom applications
- Understanding and some experience in Software Development Methodologies
- Security regulations require that the individual must be a U.S Citizen
- Experience with C# .NET or similar programming experience
- Experience with report development in Cognos/Framework Manager or similar software
- Exceptional SQL skills, and ability to learn both SQL Server and Oracle databases
- Capability to lead a team from conception to implementation of a custom solution
- Understand how to troubleshoot system and interface problems
- Knowledgeable in business systems and ability to create processes for end users
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organization and customer service skills
- Work independently as well as be a team player
- Manage time to meet deadlines
Experience with the following systems a plus
- Costpoint ERP System
- IBM Cognos Report Authoring and Modeling
- Kronos Workforce Timekeeping System
- TipQA Quality Assurance System
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Expertise: Information Technology