Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?'re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Position: Electrical Engineering Manager Production Support:
Purpose of this position is to manage and lead a team of engineers that support the production, verification, and testing of in-house developed avionics hardware used by multiple programs. Position is one of high visibility requiring the ability to work with all levels of management.
Manager will have hands-on involvement with avionic components:
- Coordinate with GNC for any updates to actuator control code and verify operation.
- Review component test procedures and engineering analyses
- Involved with qualification and production tests of avionics components
- Ensure all product test data is reviewed and pedigrees are up to date
- Direct troubleshooting of test anomalies at the component and the circuit card levels
- Investigate and resolve test discrepancies
- Assist vehicle electrical engineers in determining system/component root cause of failures
- Provide presentations to describe test issues in production reviews
- Work with manufacturing managers and engineers on scheduling EE support for troubleshooting avionic products.
- Ensure automated test equipment supporting products are fully functional and at the latest revision of hardware and software.
Manage and lead a team of 8 to 12 and engineers and 2 supervisors:
- Ensure that supervisors and engineers on the team are fully engaged and properly tasked to support assigned products. When team is not fully tasked, it is the manager’s responsibility to define additional tasks.
- Ensure group is in compliance to command media
- Ensure command media is up to date.
- Responsible to approve timesheets and perform year-end reviews.
- Involved in reviewing resumes and interviewing potential candidates to support group
As a minimum, candidate must have BSEE degree and a minimum of 12 years experience with the following: avionic component qualification and acceptance testing, test set design and use, troubleshooting avionics flight hardware to root-cause, test procedures, and manufacturing/test.
Must lead a team of 8 to 12 engineers and two supervisors, ensuring team is fully tasked to support products for multiple programs.
The total size of the group to manage is 20 to 25 people.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years