Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Associate Manufacturing Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Associate Manufacturing Engineer develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors. You will also develop and maintain detailed work instructions for assigned products/processes. Dispositioning of discrepant hardware, providing suggestions to improve productivity and providing day-to-day support to manufacturing personnel are also core responsibilities of this position.
Additional Job Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinates with Design Engineering on design and manufacturability issues.
- Coordinates with production on day-to-day activities. Assists in the resolution of simple manufacturing process issues.
- Evaluates discrepant hardware.
- Research and evaluate commercially available tools and equipment to support manufacturing activities.
- Troubleshoots existing processes to improve safety, quality, cost and efficiency.
- Incorporate engineering changes on work in process.
Education and Experience
- BS degree in Engineering, prefer candidates with a degree in Electrical Engineering
- 0 - 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Electrical and Electro Mechanical Assembly is preferred. Specifically, Surface Mount Circuit Card Assembly Technology.
- Demonstrated hands-on electrical ability
- Experience using SPC and Six Sigma techniques
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year