Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Associate Electrical Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently recruiting for an Associate Electrical Engineer to join our team in Chandler, AZ.
Successful candidate will be responsible for loading software into UUT (unit under test), designing cable harnesses, updating test procedures, storage and management of test data archives. Duties also include performing safe-to-mate procedures, setup and maintenance of test stations as well as producing and maintaining inventory and utilization data for the test stations. Other duties as assigned.
- Technical degree in Electrical Engineering, plus a minimum of two (2) years of related work experience.
- Test engineering experience with software background is highly desirable.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Ideal candidate will possess both hardware and software skills that are utilized in execution of tests and enhancement of test processes.
- Must possess working knowledge of LINUX, DOS, Access, and other Microsoft Programs and file structures. Cable design, Matlab tools, networking knowledge (router/firewall) is a plus.
- Previous experience in a test environment is required.
- Ability to proactively interface with multi-discipline team of engineers is a must.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years