Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Senior Principal PC Support Tech
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking an experienced Senior Principal PC Support Technician to join the Information Services team supporting our Ronkonkoma, NY location.
- Tier II and Tier III user support and problem solving
- Local administration of engineering applications
- Local ISSM (Information Systems Security Manager) for a classified computing environment. Training for the ISSM duties will be provided.
- PC hardware and equipment delivery/pickup
- Deploy new Windows based systems
- Collect hardware and equipment from terminated employees
- Successful candidate will be the key IS person supporting 50 people at the site
- Work as part of a larger virtual IS team, supporting 5 locations across the US.
Qualified candidate should have the following skills:
- Customer relationship skills - must have a passion for customer support
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
- Must maintain a neat and organized work area
- Communication skills (English speaking)
- Ability to complete multiple simultaneous projects in a timely manner
- Self-starter/ Quick learner / self-directed
- Work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Follow instructions
- Work and act in a safe manner
- Strong work ethic
- Comfortable with direct supervisor located off-site
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines as needed
- Requires attention to detail and the ability to follow precise instructions
Qualified candidate must meet the following physical requirements:
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
Qualified candidate should be able to accomplish all of the following tasks with minimal supervision:
- Resolve problems related to hardware, software, and networks
- Create, maintain and follow standard work documents and checklists
- Install and configure software
- Solve problems with applications, printers, projectors, desktops, and phones
- Proficiency working in a Microsoft operating system environment
- Unbox, stage, install, and configure new computer systems
- Experience using drive imaging tools
- Follow established processes
- Network administration experience is a plus
- Security + Certification (preferred)
- Knowledge about IT security procedures (preferred)
- Experience in classified environments as an ISSM/ISSO (preferred)
- Proficiency working in a Linux operating system environment (preferred)
- Candidate must have a minimum of 10 years technical support experience
- High School diploma required
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident. Position is located in Ronkonkoma, NY.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years
Education: High School/GED
Expertise: Information Technology