Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Assoc Mechanical Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an experienced Assoc Mechanical Engineer to join our Thermal Analysis team in our Chandler, AZ office.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Associate Mechanical Engineer under the guidance of a Lead Engineer will
- Utilize classical heat transfer methods and software to predict temperatures and design thermal protection of launch vehicle components.
- Select and/or modify proven methods, mathematical formulas, previous design and test information, handbook data or other available information related to the assignment.
- Daily responsibilities will require thermal analysis of avionics, structures and liquid propellants.
- Candidate will be responsible for performing heat transfer analysis of components on the ground and in space.
- Candidate must be able to take direction and address issues using skills obtained in the field of Mechanical Engineering, or related thermal sciences, preferably as it relates to missile and space systems.
- Familiarity with thermodynamics, aerodynamics, compressible flow and fluid mechanics.
Candidate must have a minimum of 0-2 years of related experience
- Thermal Desktop and Sinda experience a plus.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year