Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Associate Aerospace Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Use basic knowledge of vehicle dynamics, aerodynamics, propulsion, classical/modern control and estimation theory to support routine aerospace engineering tasks. Work under specific detail direction from project lead and senior engineer. Apply defined engineering principle, industry standard, company process and procedure to support one or a few program objectives and customer requirements.
- Collect and analyze Guidance, Navigation, Flight Control, and Target Tracking performance data from M&S, ground test, flight tests. Support preparation of test report for Guidance performance.
- Support mesh model generation from Outer Mold Line (OML) for aero prediction code, e.g., CFD. Support data collection of CFD and Wind Tunnel test.
- Support sensitivity studies and modeling of high-fidelity multiple degree-of-freedom flight/orbital mechanics and vehicle dynamics simulation; of navigation sensors: IMU (accelerometer, gyroscope), GPS, radar or laser altimeter, magnetometer, star tracker, etc.; of target dynamics in the simulation: stationary, moving and maneuvering target with various wind, sea state and terrain model.
- Support modeling of targeting sensors in the simulation: radar, EO, IR, laser, ESM, seeker pointing, sensor management, etc.. Support sensitivity study.
- Support sensitivity studies with the simulation for various flight vehicle systems: spacecraft, launch vehicle, missile, smart munition, etc..
- Support development of propulsion system: electric, solid/liquid fuel rocket, air-breathing, thruster for attitude control or station keeping
- Support sensitivity studies of actuation systems in the simulation. Support analyze test data and synthesis into actuation system model parameters.
Education and Experience
BS in Engineering
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year