Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Continuous Improvement Intern
We are currently seeking a Continuous Improvement Intern to join our Launch Vehicles Division in Chandler, AZ. Interns will be given the opportunity gain hands-on experience while applying theoretical knowledge and techniques learned in the classroom. Internship opportunities available in our three Business Groups: Flight Systems, Space Systems, and Defense Systems.
- Assist / Facilitate continuous improvement training, simulations, and cross functional project teams
- Conduct time studies, perform data analysis and define the current state for both manufacturing and business processes
- Assist / lead cross functional teams to identify and eliminate the 7 deadly wastes
- Support day-to-day activities including meeting invitations, A3 updates, following up on actions…
- Communicate improvement progress and issues through visual, verbal, and written methods to stakeholders and business leaders
- Apply knowledge and techniques to the solution of basic problems.
- Currently pursuing a B.S. M.S. or PhD in aerospace, chemical, computer, electrical, industrial, materials, mechanical engineering, or a closely related discipline.
- Lean Mindset - Fully understands lean principles with a solid working knowledge of lean tools
- Flexibility - Ability to work in ambiguous situations and temporarily work across shifts if required
- Goal Oriented – Driven to achieve objectives on time and within budget
- Process Focus – Sees the world as interdependent processes
- Analytical – Applies Lean (TPS) / Six Sigma skills and experience to identify and quantify improvement opportunities
- General understanding of fundamental engineering principles, practices, and theories. Interest in working in the space and/or defense industry.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Permanent and legal right to work in the U.S. without student visa or sponsorship.
- 3.25 GPA or higher
- Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, strategic missile and missile defense and aerospace structures markets. We are a premier manufacturer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small- and medium class space launch vehicles for civil, defense and commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world-class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
- Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Space Systems Group is one of the world’s preeminent satellite builders and advanced space systems providers. We design, manufacture and operate small- to medium-class satellites for communications, imaging, science and national security space applications. We are a market-leading supplier of space components that power and enable satellites of all classes and are pioneering innovative in-orbit satellite servicing technologies. We are also a premier provider of space-related engineering services to government agencies and laboratories.
- Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in precision weapons, tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems missile-warning products and ammunition and gun systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition gun systems. We also develop advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft and propulsion control systems.
Job Type: Intern
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year