Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Associate Continuous Improvement Analyst - Project Employee
Northrop Grumman has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, and driven professional, Northrop Grumman is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
The Launch Vehicles Division (LVD) is recruiting for a Temporary Continuous Improvement Analyst to join our PES team (Toyota Production System based continuous improvement). This position may lead to a permanent role. Responsibilities will span all business functions and locations within LVD.
Summary: Through collaborative leadership practices, the Continuous Improvement Analyst motivates leaders and other employees in following continuous improvement behaviors and systems to realize improved bottom-line business results such as cost reduction and improved efficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Facilitate continuous improvement training, simulations, and cross functional project teams
- Conduct time studies, perform data analysis and define the current state for both manufacturing and business processes
- Participate / lead cross functional teams to identify and eliminate the 7 deadly wastes
- Project manage multiple continuous improvement projects including publishing meeting minutes and action items
- Support day-to-day activities including meeting invitations, A3 updates, following up on actions…
- Communicate improvement progress and issues through visual, verbal, and written methods to stakeholders and business leaders
- Lean Mindset - Fully understands lean principles with a solid working knowledge of lean tools
- Flexibility - Ability to work in ambiguous situations and temporarily work across shifts if required
- Demonstrated Change Agent – Experience leading diverse cross functional teams to higher performance
- Goal Oriented – Driven to achieve objectives on time and within budget
- Process Focus – Sees the world as interdependent processes
- Analytical – Applies Lean (TPS) / Six Sigma skills and experience to identify and quantify improvement opportunities
- Influence – Uses positive influence techniques to drive Lean behaviors.
- Problem Solving – Uses formal problems solving methods, identifies and resolves manufacturing, transactional and engineering problems in a timely manner to preserve output while still being committed to the root cause that will result in preventive actions
- Leadership – Comfortable leading teams engaged in continuous improvement activities
- Technical Skills – Value Stream & Process Mapping, Root Cause Analysis, Visual Management, Time Studies, Data Analysis
- Interpersonal Skills – Maintains positive working relationships with peers, leadership, and team members when interacting on difficult systematic problems
- Self-Development - Strives to continuously build own knowledge and skills
Job Specifications (Qualifications) to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
Preferred candidates will be pursuing a BS and have experience in a combination of manufacturing and continuous improvement. Or equivalent work experience.
Advanced Microsoft Office, Project, and Visio abilities. Intermediate MS SharePoint, SQL and database abilities.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Lean or Six Sigma certification is preferred.
At Northrop Grumman, our strategy is to deliver affordable innovation to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products - and your ideas - into the future. You'll be amazed at what you can do! Northrop Grumman offers a fast-forward environment for analytical and creative thinkers. Our organization is built on a foundation of outstanding talent and is committed to growing the skills of our workforce. Northrop Grumman employees experience challenges of national and international significance that can't be overstated. United in pride and shared goals, employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver innovative solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Northrop Grumman is the company that will further your experience and career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Temporary
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year