Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Principal Mission Assurance Engineer
Northrop Grumann Innovation Systems is seeking a Mission Assurance Engineer for the Mesa, AZ location.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
This Mission Assurance Engineer position shall support multiple programs and collaborate with engineering, supply chain, and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place to support contractual requirements.
Responsibilities included, but not limited to, the following:
- Integrate contractual and Orbital ATK Quality Management System requirements into all aspects of proposals, contract reviews and program processes and documentation.
- Create Customer and Supplier Data Requirement List reports in support of program requirements.
- Conduct labor and material cost estimates in support of Customer / Program requirements relative to quality tasks.
- Identify and flow down quality requirements in support of contract and business requirements.
- Perform Quality Planning to include process and product quality plans as required by program data items in accordance with contractual, company and regulatory requirements.
- Establish acceptance criteria and workmanship standards for product acceptance.
- Perform supplier and internal part/assembly nonconforming material investigations.
- Coordinate Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action with the suppliers of suspect products and coordinated inspection of material in inventory.
- Perform analysis of non-conformance trends to evaluate effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Develop, modify, apply and maintain quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product.
- Collaborate with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
- Devise and implement methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Design and analyze inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conduct quality assurance tests; and perform statistical analysis to assess responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Participate in Change Control Boards, Integrated Product Teams and build / production / test readiness reviews.
- Generate / support Physical Configuration and Functional Configuration Audits.
- Audit quality system for deficiency identification and correction. Ensure corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
- Bachelor degree; preferred Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline
- 10+ years industry experience
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong problem solving, presentation and technical writing skills.
- Hands on experience with Manufacturing, Special Processing and Assembly processing environment.
- Ability to generate status briefings and present to various management levels.
- Proficient in preparing professional reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities.
- Knowledge of quality principles and tools (problem analysis, statistical tools, design of experiments, reliability, control charts and other quality methodologies) with the ability to train others
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be willing to travel both domestic and international.
- 10+ years experience working within AS9100 requirements
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience using TIPQA database applications.
- Experience using Cost Point applications.
- Experience using TeamCenter applications.
- Proficient with regulatory and military standards.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: 25-50%
Years of Experience: +10 Years