Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Position will support the ESPAStar line of spacecraft products as a Payload systems engineer. The specific responsibilities of this position will be to manage the planning and technical interface for ESPAStar vehicles to auxillary payloads, both separable and hosted. Work products include development of payload specific accommodation interface documents, (ICD’s), weekly interface meeting and reporting for one or more payloads, supervision of specific payload technical design accommodation, support for payload testing during environmental and single line flow, support to on-orbit operations and checkout of payload. Position will include some travel to launch locations and supporting meetings with customers and vendors.
General Job Responsibilities
- Develop payload specific ICD documenting all mechanical, electrical, and functional interfaces to the host ESPAStar
- Track and status giver-receiver documentation necessary for integration and testing
- Develop testing scripting material for early risk reduction testing and flight hardware performance/functional testing
- Coordinate specific requirements and accommodation requests from the payload to the host platform
- Assist payload vendor and customer with development of operational mission and scenarios for the payload
- Develop and execute on-orbit procedures
- Support launch site integration considerations for payload
- Support host platform systems engineering efforts; requirements, verification, test planning, environmental test campaigns
Requires BS in Engineering & 2 years or Masters Degree in Engineering.
Must have TS/SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years