Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Pr. Systems Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Position will support the ESPAStar line of spacecraft products as a Launch systems engineer. The specific responsibilities of this position will be to manage the planning and technical interface for ESPAStar vehicles to the launch stack. Work products include Development of launch vehicle interface control documents (ICD’s), weekly interface meeting and reporting for an integrated launch working group, major milestone presentation materials, review and approval range safety requirements, flow of payload and vehicle specific accommodation requirements to the launch campaign, and other launch related activities. Position will include some travel to launch locations and supporting meetings with customers and vendors.
General Job Responsibilities
- Develop launch vehicle requirements document and interface control documents reflecting integrated vehicle performance and accommodation needs to launch provider
- Support regular launch working group meetings with stakeholders
- Organize and plan launch site integration campaign
- Execute and coordinate launch site and integration testing
- Ensure compliance of vehicle design and documentation to range site requirements such as AFSPCMAN 91-710
- Assess and support loads analyses for EELV compliant vehicle profiles
- Work with procurement of GFE separation systems
- Identify and support design, development, and accommodation of primary and auxillary payload GSE for launch site use
- Support vehicle specific accommodation and design for launch considerations (umbilicals, separation hardware)
- Support launch and ascent profile evaluation
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 7 years or Masters in Engineering & 5 years
Must have TS/SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years