Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Systems Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
This position will complete Engineering tasks related to the development and support of mission operations processes and procedures for customer space missions. The specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, writing, and executing spacecraft commissioning activities and procedures for customer space missions.
- Planning and writing user handbooks for Space Vehicles, Ground Systems, and Simulators.
- Support the management of Payload interfaces and CONOPS definitions.
- Support mission simulation, scripting, and verification activities.
- Participation in integration and test activities at other corporate locations to develop subsystem and system familiarity.
- Participation in mission rehearsals to simulate engineering tasks performed in operations.
- Participation in rotating 24x7 mission operations shift coverage.
- Generation of data analysis reports.
Experience within any one of the following technical areas:
- Space Vehicle, Ground Station, or Sensor (i.e. student or industry project) hardware and/or software design
- Space Vehicle, Ground Station, or Sensor (i.e. student or industry project) integration and test
- Space Vehicle, Ground Station, or Sensor (i.e. student or industry project) on-orbit operations
- Space Vehicle, or Sensor modelling and simulation (i.e. Matlab, STK, Free-Flyer)
- Familiarity with embedded systems, and/or programming languages (C/C++, Python, STOL, etc.)
- Familiarity with Mission Operations Center architectures and interfaces
- Ability to clearly communicate (both verbal and written) with peers, customer and senior leadership
**A current security clearance is preferred, but not required. The ability to pursue, obtain, and hold a TS/SCI clearance will be required**
Education and Experience
This position requires a BS degree in Engineering (Electrical, Computer, Mechanical, Aerospace) and 4+ years of experience, or a Master degree in Engineering and 2 years of experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years