Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Senior Facility Technician
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Senior Facility Technician for our AP&S business in our Ronkonkoma, New York location. This position will report to the Sr. Manager, Operations.
- Maintains Building and grounds
- Manages/supervises subcontractors such as:
- Lawn Maintenance
- Snow Removal
- Manages and organizes storage of Facility Hardware
- Manages Shipping and Receiving of Product
- Fabrication of shipping crates
- Packaging and preservation of Product
- Receipt and issue of materials to projects
- Generation of Requisitions
- Ability to work to a schematic
- Component installation
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in facility maintenance or related field.
- Ability to work independently and safely.
- Ability to work with hand and powered tools
- Ability to work well with others and be part of the team.
- Ability to plan and schedule maintenance activities.
- Knowledge of basic carpentry, electrical and HVAC systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge/proficiency in Deltek, Cospoint a plus.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic work environment (i.e. come in early, stay late, offset lunch / break when required).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: None
Years of Experience: +10 Years
Education: High School/GED
Expertise: Safety, Lean/Six Sigma, Troubleshooting, Preventative Maintenance, Manufacturing, Equipment Capability, Material/Planning, Facilities, Equipment Repair, HVAC, Communication Skills, Maintenance