Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Financial Analyst
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our team in our Northridge, CA office.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems (NGIS) designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The qualified candidate will be required to work in a team environment and under a moderate level of guidance and direction. Will be required to analyze data, generate financial reports, resolve problems, and report on the financial status of a program or programs to the program management office, customer, and internal senior leadership. The candidate will be the interface between program finance and the program office for financial analysis issues, concerns and project financial status, and will provide day to day support of assigned programs, contracts and subcontract financial matters. Selected candidate will be responsible for the preparation and submittal of both internal and customer reports including monthly program forecasts, reviews, Estimate at Complete (EAC), Estimate To Complete (ETC), and internal revenue, cash, and backlog forecasts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately forecast program financial metrics including Orders, Revenue, EBIT and Cash Flow for both booked and potential programs
- Generate and support weekly, monthly and quarterly reviews and audits consisting of operations, planning, program management and EACs
- Prepare, review, and analyze program performance measurement and cost variances.
- Monitor and report on program funding to ensure that limits are not exceeded
- Ensure revenue recognition in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) & Corporate policies
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate Contract Data Requirements Lists (CDRLs)
- Provide cost control and financial support for program management and Integrated Program Team (IPT).
- Track and manage program billings and cash collections
- Prepare of monthly journal entries related to the program
- Work independently to identify solutions and provide strategic direction in a dynamic environment
Required qualifications and skills:
- A bachelor’s degree and minimum 5 years of related work experience
- Defense Contracting Finance experience
- Ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas
- Excellent problem solving, project management, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Dedicated to teamwork
- Ability to obtain security clearance
- PC proficiency including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- Experience with multiple contract types (Cost Plus Fixed Fees/Cost Plus Incentive Fees, Cost Plus Award Fees, Firm Fixed Price/Firm Price Incentive Fee) desired
- Active Secret clearance, or ability to regain Secret Clearance that lapsed within past 2 years
- Familiarity with: Deltek Costpoint, IBM Cognos, Cobra, MS Project
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Earned Value Management principles
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years