Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Financial Analyst
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems (NIGIS) is currently seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst for our Northridge, CA location.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The ideal candidate will provide direct support to the Program Management Office (PMO) and Control Account Managers (CAMs) on the planning, implementation, and monitoring of Earned Value Management Systems Processes on the next phase of NGIS’s successful AARGM missile. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining an Earned Value Management (EVM) baseline that interfaces with an MS Project resource-loaded schedule. This position will help drive effective program execution relative to cost performance, delivery performance, and effective program resource planning. Successful candidates will analyze program performance (historical and predictive), monitor the forecasted completion data, and support recommendations made to the program managers and leads.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with Program Management, IPT's, functional business analysts, and CAMs to perform detailed cost/schedule planning, earned value variance analysis, identification of cost/schedule problems, and developing corrective action plans.
- Interfacing with program finance and program office for monthly Sales and Profit forecasts, issues, concerns, and status on all in-house programs
- Developing and executing a Program Management Baseline that aligns with the programmatic budgets and key contractual milestones
- Integrate data from Microsoft Project to Cobra and ensure accuracy
- Strictly adhering to American National Standards Institute/Electronic Industries Alliance Standard 748 (ANSI/EIA-748), Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) and associated internal company procedures is critical
- Developing and maintaining all program artifacts and documentation through Sharepoint
- Facilitate and conduct EVM compliance reviews with DCMA and other government oversight agencies (Internal Baseline Reviews/Joint Surveillance Reviews), as well as other related audits such as; accounting audits, cost voucher audits, and periodic in-house audits
- Using Cobra, and Winsight/Empower to create, analyze, and submit monthly Integrated Program Management Report (IPMR) to customer in accordance with Earned Value Management standards, as well as, preparing monthly EV metrics for internal/external meetings
- Working with all areas of management to ensure management processes are properly documented and performance reports are timely and accurate
- Tracking spending to ensure adequate funding is maintained, financial metric development, & analysis and reporting in support of monthly program reviews
- Fostering an environment of integrity, establishing relationships, and maintaining communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, and distributing EVM cost information
- Timely and accurate Estimate at Completion development, analysis, and reporting
- Direct involvement in streamlining of processes, tools, and best practices
- Active Secret clearance, or ability to regain Secret Clearance that lapsed within past 2 years
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration with 5+ years’ experience within an aerospace/government contracting environment
- Proficient in Deltek Cobra (or similar EVM tools such as MPM), Winsight Empower, MS Project
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Earned Value Management principles
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well in team environment with all levels of management
- Pro-active, Self-starter
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Familiarity with: Deltek Costpoint, IBM Cognos
- Experience with Cost Plus contract types
- 7+ years finance/accounting and/or Earned Value experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years