Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
- Perform, Receiving in-process and final inspections on product throughout the Satellite Manufacturing Facility (SMF) work centers (Receiving, Manufacturing, Integration and Test) and perform product build documentation review and end-item data package review.
- Perform detailed inspections on both EEE and Mechanical components at the piece part level as well as the assembly and sub-assembly level.
- Uphold quality standards and workmanship practices in assigned work centers by learning/practicing process specifications and employing quality workmanship standards during everyday job functions.
- Generate nonconformance reports for discrepancies discovered during inspection processes.
- Perform audits of work areas to ensure compliance with ISO 9001/AS 9100 procedurs and Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Perform in-depth reviews of product build documentation for configuration audit to determine if as-built meets as-designed.
- Must be able to read engineering documentation and inspect to drawings and parts lists, inspection plans, and supplemental instructions
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Quality Assurance or relevant experience in Electrical or Mechanical field of work in performance of technical job function
- Willingness to work 2nd shift activities and over time if necessary.
- Able to use Microsoft applications and ability to learn new computer programs/applications easily.
- Basic technical writing skills are required
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to work in a team environment.
Working knowledge of TIPQA and/or Costpoint database applications, or equivalent Quality System or MRP databases.
Knowledge in how to read schematics and wirelists
Current J-STD-001,IPC-A-610,IPC-A620 Certifications.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Education: High School/GED
Expertise: Safety, Health and Safety