Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Assoc Production Operator Trainee
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking several Associate Production Operators in our Clearfield, UT location.
Positions require 90 days of employment with Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems prior to start date.
As an Associate Production Operator Trainee you will work on the next generation composite structures in a high rate manufacturing setting (ACCE facility).
This job involves the fabrication of composite hardware using hand layup method. It will also require development of skills to follow that hardware through sanding and drilling operations and up to final finishing and sell to customer.
- Candidate must have 0-2 years of experience in a composite manufacturing, aerospace, or manufacturing environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED (education will be verified)
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to use standard measuring equipment
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, technical specifications and operating procedures
- Must be able to work shift work
- Must be able to work flexible and changing shift schedules
- Must be able to work weekends
Preferred skills / education:
- Composite experience and/or certification
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel
Competencies for Success:
- Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set, through schooling and training
- Safety minded
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year
Education: High School/GED