Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Princ Systems Engineer- OmegA Program Top Secret Clearance Required
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Create and manage system requirements, specifications and the requirements verification data base. Implement changes to system and subsystem architecture models and run existing models and simulations to assess system performance.
- Creates system requirements and manages both requirement changes in the Requirements Management databases under self direction using established guidelines for a small project.
- Creates and manages both original and revised specification/interface definition documents for a project and expedites documents through signature approval process.
- Creates and manages the requirements verification methods and database provided to the customer, to ensure data products are current, as the system design/build matures, that it satisfies each system requirement.
- Creates and modifies project level management tracking reports.
- Participates and supports proposal-writing efforts for Systems Engineering for a portion of a project.
- Provides data to and manages risk management (identifies potential risks and develops mitigation strategies)and trade study processes for a portion of a project.
- Creates and manages changes to Functional/Logical/Physical Model of System Architecture descriptions under self direction using established guidelines.
- Creates and manages System Representations under self direction using established guidelines.
- Technical Resource Budgets and Configuration Control Board participation.
- Leads aspects of system design, analyses, interface verification, testing, major failure/anomaly resolution or mission operations.
- Creates and manages changes to system or subsystem analytical models under self direction using established guidelines. Can identify issues with model.
- Defines and Develop system and subsystem architectures(s), system physical views - system elements (blocks) and critical interfaces (internal and external).
- Supports and leads the testing and/or evaluation/validation of one or more components of a system or subsystem analytical model or actual system implementation.
- Directs and Runs existing system or subsystem analytical models and simulations to collect data under self direction using established guidelines.
- Prepare and present materials during System Requirement Review, System Functional Review, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review and System Verification Review.
- Leads and prepares trade studies, system sensitivity studies, design optimization studies, system performance assessments, system design assessments, Operations Analysis work such as mission analysis and timelines and conops development.
- Performs cost estimates and project planning for a portion of larger project.
Acts as CAM and performs EVMS tracking for a small portion of a large project.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 7 years or Masters in Engineering & 5 years or PhD & 2 years.
Bachelors Degree (BS) in Aerospace, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering is highly preferred- Minimum of 7 years of Systems Engineering experience is required (Requirements decomposition, verification planning, launch site planning, or specification development), - Customer interface and customer requirement definition experience is required. - Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering is highly desired, - Top Secret Security clearance is required
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years