Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Engineering Specialist- Minotaur Program
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is seeking an experienced Sr. Engineering Specialist for the Launch Vehicle Division within our Systems Engineering Integration & Test team located at the Chandler, AZ location to support the Minotaur Program.
Work closely with the Systems Engineering team to support the execution and release of requirements and verification documentation, mission specific documentation, and other systems engineering systems engineering roles/responsibilities.
- Support systems engineering documentation revision updates. Work with other engineering disciplines for the review of new and updated documentation.
- Assist in the management of systems engineering Program action items
- Support the tracking of Systems Engineering and Program level lessons learned
- Assist with the risk management process to include execution of the risk management database, risk management presentations, and coordination with engineering disciplines for risk status updates
- Support DOORS documentation updates, DOORS script execution, DOORS reporting, etc.
Education and Experience
- Generally requires HS & 10 years or equivalentcombination of education & experience.
- HS Diploma and 10 years of experience required
- Associate Degree preferred
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Strong Microsoft office skills required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- DOORS experience highly preferred
- Database and/or data processing experience is preferred
- Experience working with engineers, technical documentation, and in an aerospace technical environment highly preferred
Basic computer skill.Willing to travel and/or work at a customer site.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years
Education: High School/GED