Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Group is currently recruiting for an Intern to join our team in Dayton Ohio, working 15 to 20 hours per week.
Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) is a multi-faceted department which focuses on the following:
- Prevent injury, illness, or ill health by proactively managing risk and prompting a culture that expects and supports a safe, healthy workplace.
- Respect and protect the environment by preventing pollution, minimizing waste and conserving resources.
- Review and improve our EHS processes while meeting or exceeding legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provide an environment for open communication and participation by consulting, training and advising internal and external stakeholders.
- Evaluate and manage the EHS aspects and risks of our process, equipment, and services based on hierarchy of control
- Measure EHS performance and provide a framework for setting objectives to achieve continual improvement.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Supports the development, implementation, monitoring and continuous improvement of Environmental Health and Safety programs, ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Conduct Industrial Hygiene air monitoring for solvents and corrosive materials.
- Assist in approving/maintaining Safety Data Sheets (SDSs).
- Co-author equipment specific lockout/tagout (LOTO) procedures.
- Assists in the development of technical documents including EHS procedures, programs, and guidance documents.
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program for Industrial Hygiene, Environmental, Health and Safety or related field preferred.
- Experience with OSHA and environmental compliance requirements.
- Experience in Microsoft Office (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, SharePoint and PowerPoint).
- Able to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- High level analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills.
- Independent judgment is exercised in performance of duties.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year