Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Assoc Mission Assurance Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently looking for a Mission Assurance Engineer to work in our Clearfield, UT location.
Support manufacturing of composite aerospace components during 1st shift. Work closely with operations personnel to develop manufacturing and inspections solutions and solve production issues in hand layup, secondary bonding, autoclave cure, machining, NDI, assembly, and final inspection processes. Learn and understand requirements to determine product impacts and recommend disposition of the parts. Work in a cross functional team to develop and implement process improvements.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Ability to Obtain DoD Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Chemical Engineering or related
- Experience in working with aerospace specifications and drawings
- Experience supporting an aerospace manufacturing process with the necessary materials, tooling, and equipment
- Knowledge of root cause / corrective action processes and techniques
- Functional knowledge of production control systems (SAP/Visual Mfg/etc)
- Experience in supporting MRB processing
- Good organizational skills and ability to work with minimal direction
- Excellent computer skills. Skilled in working with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Composite processing experience
- Experience in Quality Assurance and processing MRB
Competencies for Success:
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong attention to detail
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year