Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Propulsion Systems is currently seeking an experienced Engineering Technician to support Testing Operations at our Promontory plant.
Successful candidate will perform instrumentation setup, assembly, fabrication and configuration of test articles in support of multiple test programs. This includes working with energetic materials and the assembly of rocket motors. Implementation of continuous improvement using 5S and Lean Manufacturing principles. Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and vibration testing would be a plus.
- Fabricate and install test instrumentation in accordance with specific detailed instruction
- Trouble shoot electronic and electrical equipment
- Operate specialized test equipment and tooling
- Ability to read, interpret and implement technical drawings, specifications, and procedures
- Perform processes under the direction of a principle technician following written instruction to exact specifications
- Maintain neat and accurate records
Successful candidate will work with experienced technicians who operate test equipment including instrons, pressure chambers, ovens, and various other equipment. Testing will include analysis of production and subscale propellants and ingredients. Candidate will be expected to maintain a high standard of operational discipline to support clean, safe, and efficient operations.
- Technical degree (must have one of the following)
- Two-year Associate degree in technical field
- Enrolled in, progressing toward, a four-year Bachelor’s degree in technical area
- Experience, knowledge, and/or respect for energetic materials
- Preferred 2 years working in material research, test, or production environment
- Strong mechanical understanding with computer aptitude
- Experience using scientific instrumentation and equipment
- Must be able to stand for long periods at work station and intermittently lift 35 lbs.
- Willing to work off-shift and weekends as required
- Good communication skills with ability to understand and communicate technical information with clarity.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years