Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Assoc Mechanical Engineer--PE
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently looking for a Manufacturing Engineer 11S to work in our Clearfield, UT location. This is a project position.
Support manufacturing in low and mid-rate composite part production facility. Work closely with manufacturing personnel to solve production issues in hand layup, secondary bonding, autoclave cure, NDI and final inspection processes. Learn and understand requirements to determine product impacts and recommend disposition of the parts. Work in a cross functional team to develop and implement process improvements.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related and 2 years of experience
- Ability to obtain a DoD Clearance is required.
- Composite experience required. Hand layup, bonding, and cure experience preferred.
- Willing to work up to 25% Swing, (12PM – 8PM) or Graveyard (4PM to 12AM).
- Good organizational skills and ability to work with minimal direction in a changing environment.
- Excellent computer skills. Skilled in working with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Role may filled at a lower level with a BS in Manufacturing Engineering
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of root cause / corrective action processes and techniques
- Functional knowledge of Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Functional knowledge of production control systems (SAP/Visual Mfg/etc)
- Experience authoring, modifying and auditing procedures.
- Experience estimating, planning, and streamlining manufacturing processes
- Experience in working with aerospace specifications and requirements preferred
- Understanding of Catia V5
- Experience using SPC to monitor and improve processes
Competencies for Success:
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong attention to detail
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated /self-reliant, team player
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Temporary
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year