Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Role Description and Responsibilities:
This individual must be able to interface consistently in a professional and organized manner with internal and external business partners while functioning in an environment characterized by frequently changing priorities. The candidate must be able to analyze and respond to complex requests and issues. The individual will work closely with Director of Finance, Program Management, Supply Chain, Contracts, Accounting and Finance Organizations to provide relevant, accurate and timely financial data. The individual must be able to function both as a leader, member of a team and as a well-organized self-starter.
Responsible for the following program-related activities:
- Day-to-day liaison/support for DCAA audit activities
- Provide guidance to employees regarding government compliance charging issues, allowability of costs, labor charging, etc.
- Monitor and maintain SCS Disclosure Statement and provide guidance on transactional situations
- Development and monitoring of the yearly overhead billing and forward pricing rates
- Preparation of the of annual Incurred Cost Submittal and the corresponding audits
- Interacting with government agencies in system audits (i.e. Accounting, Purchasing)
- Works to build and facilitate cross-functional relationships between Finance and other departments within the division and across the company
- Maintain effective internal controls and ensure regulatory compliance with SEC, DCMA and DCAA requirements
- Experience supporting SOX compliance, internal / external audit activities
- Experience with budgeting and Forward Pricing Rates
- Interpretation and application of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and other federal agency regulations
- Must be a self-starter and possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement with a focus on internal and external customer service excellence
- Excellent oral and written communication, computer, documentation, and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage time effectively, and make sound decisions in a deadline-driven detail-oriented environment
- Working knowledge of standard Microsoft Office tools required, including advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint and Cognos reporting software highly desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting
- Knowledge of government contracting, CAS and FAR
- 7+ years finance / accounting experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years