Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr Desktop Technician
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
- PC hardware troubleshooting and repair
- OS Deployment and imaging
- Basic Active Directory knowledge
- Printer troubleshooting and setup
- Software installation and troubleshooting Microsoft Office and Win7
- Manage hardware inventory PC’s, spare parts, locations/ownership records up-to-date
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Disposal of hardware and hard drives properly
- Familiar with remote support tools such as RDP/PSEXEC/MMC
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work nights/weekends
Education and Experience Requirements
- Associate degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent experience and 2 additional years of experience
- Two years’ experience supporting end user technologies
- One year experience Help Desk support
- Familiar with modern networking technologies
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Basic understanding of Cisco networks
- Basic understanding of wireless networks
- 1 year plant floor or production experience
This position will start on days for training and then be moved moved to night or weekend shift.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Expertise: Information Technology