Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Mechanical Tech Hourly
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Performs mechanical adjustments and repairs to production equipment used in the manufacture of ammunition components.
1. Installing and making minor repairs and adjustments to small perishable tools or machine parts.
2. Using special profile pressure gages, machinist square, custom hand tools, and standard mechanic tools to install, repair and adjust dial index head dies, reject and eject mechanics.
3. Gather and preparing various samples of case material; inspecting and/or gauging cases periodically to insure work is within acceptable quality limits.
4. Making precise adjustments for proper alignment of cases; regulating flow of cases through furnaces to insure proper anneal.
5. Frequent or continual walking or standing and bending required
6. Must be able to push buggies filled with materials to and from manufacturing floor.
7. Other job duties as assigned.
Prerequisites: High school diploma or equivalent required. Must successfully pass mechanical aptitude test
1. Must successfully complete the Toolsetter mechanical test.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Education: High School/GED