Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
Create, edit, and format technical data for use in documents or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures and specifications in support of high-speed ammunition manufacturing operations. Ensure technical documentation is accurate, complete, meets editorial and government specifications and adheres to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format and style. Technical data will be developed to established plant standards through a combination of hands-on engagement with manufacturing processing and direct interactions with engineering and operations personnel.
Successful candidates will possess the ability to successfully interact with manufacturing personnel and processes and to utilize a broad range of software applications and conversion tools to access and integrate technical documentation. Software includes Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint and Adobe Acrobat. Demonstrates a good understanding of document structure, familiarity with large documents and presentations, templates, styles, table of contents, etc. Accuracy and consistency of work is important. Team work is required as well as the ability to work independently.
- Candidate must have a minimum of two years of technical copy editing experience.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Proven capability of successfully interacting and teaming with various technical disciplines.
- Experience with manufacturing mechanical and electrical systems.
- Organizational skills to maintain and manage the area documentation and recommend changes to improve procedures.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-tasking team environment
- Ability to fully comprehend the process and operational functions of all of the machines including mechanical functions
- AA or BS Degree in Engineering Technology or closely related field or 2 years of education and 4+ years related and verifiable experience
- Certification in Technical Writing preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years