Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Manager Factory Ops
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Manager, Factory Operations AMG
- Bachelors' degree in Business or Engineering
- Demonstrated success implementing and sustaining Toyota Production System concepts in a factory environment.
- Prefer a minimum of five years’ work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Exceptional leadership skills and ability to lead a large team of employees to achieve continual process improvements while satisfying business objectives.
- Must have demonstrated consistent use of the following competencies: composure, delegating, interpersonal savvy, planning, time management, timely decision making, presentation skills, business acumen and managing through systems.
- Must have demonstrated through practice the commitment to assuring a safe workplace. Must have experience working in a successful team atmosphere.
Manages area with multiple work units, across multiple shifts within a manufacturing plant
Manages subordinate supervisors or managers
Develops tactical plans and ensures their execution
Supports policies and business ethics and conduct standards
Administer employee recognition and corrective actions
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years