Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
We are currently seeking talented individuals for our Engineering Internships at various locations across the United States. Engineering Interns will be given the opportunity gain hands-on engineering experience while applying theoretical knowledge and engineering techniques learned in the classroom. Internship opportunities available in our three Business Groups: Flight Systems, Space Systems, and Defense Systems.
- Apply theoretical knowledge and engineering techniques to the solution of basic analytical engineering problems; such as test, analysis and design.
- Assist designing and maintaining aerospace, defense and/or flight components, structures, and systems.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations on technical subjects.
- Apply programming and computer application skills.
- Practice and learn technical professional behavior including memorandum writing, email and calendar usage via Outlook.
- If required, assist with testing in the Environmental Testing Lab.
- Complete intern-specific projects and perform related duties as assigned.
- Currently pursuing a B.S. M.S. or PhD in aerospace, chemical, computer, electrical, industrial, materials, mechanical engineering, or a closely related discipline.
- General understanding of fundamental engineering principles, practices, and theories.
- Interest in working in the space and/or defense industry.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Permanent and legal right to work in the U.S. without student visa or sponsorship.
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Intern
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year