Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Associate Cost/ Est Analyst
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Assist in preparation of reports for customer and management. Assist in preparation of cost, schedule, and performance up-dates. Under direct supervision, responsible for administrative activities associated with estimate to complete (ETC) updates, research and correction of problems and general maintenance of systems. Prepare small cost pricing proposal for contract changes and new business.
Learns to use professional concepts. Applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues. Works on structured assignments. Uses existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems. Follows direction from Manager.
Position Duties & Description
- Become familiar with reading Request for Proposals and standard business practices while being able to deliver a compliant cost proposal.
- Learn specifics of Direct Costs, Indirect Costs and Price of Labor and Non Labor requirements.
- Acquire understanding of how to provide guidance to Cost Leads throughout the Cost Development Phase.
- Learn to identifying disconnects of the estimates entered from the source data.
- Work with multiple financial systems and databases.
- Learn how to develop and present data products and analysis to multiple Management levels.
- Understand cross functional communication within Contract, Finance, Procurement, Program and Technical teams.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Ability to learn accounting, financial and business concepts.
- Ability to compile, analyze, interpret and present financial information.
- Detailed oriented and the ability to provide timely and accurate resolutions.
- Self-starter, motivated to make improvements, and ability to achieve results with very little guidance in a dynamic fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deliver presentations to peers and senior leadership.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Ability to independently solve problems and perform real-time resolution by deciding on correct course of action.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Intermediate to advanced PC skills, including ability to quickly summarize large amounts of data and create advanced reports using Excel and generate presentations using PowerPoint.
- Experience with Automated Pricing Tools (ProPricer, MPM) and Financial Systems (Deltek CostPoint) a plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years