Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an Maintenance Technician to join our team in our Vandenburg AFB facility in CA.
Perform routine repairs and maintenance and assist as directed in repairs and preventative maintenance of GSE, launch site facilities and/or other equipment for specific programs. Diagnose malfunctions of GSE and provide needed repairs. Troubleshoot and repair equipment or systems that are defective or inoperative. Determine parts required and provide cost estimates of the repairs. Load and unload materials, supplies, and equipment using hand trucks and forklifts. Serve as the VAFB POC for site government property. Update and maintain A-track as necessary. Candidate will be expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices. Perform related duties as assigned or required
Qualifications and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required
- HS Diploma plus two years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three or more years progressive experience preferred
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and other mechanical drawings
- Good analytical ability to recognize deviations from accepted practice
- Basic knowledge of computer operations and applications including MS Office
- Ability to work extended hours or 2nd shift as required
Competencies for Success:
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to work with all levels of personnel, including management and outside vendors and to accurately communicate, document and report.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years