Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Systems Engineer- GQM Program
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our Systems Engineering Integration & Test team within Launch Vehicle Division at the Chandler, AZ facility.
Provide general support to the systems engineering team including maintaining and creation of system and mission requirements, specifications, verification, mission and profile planning, design documentation, trade analysis, decision management, and interface management.
- Creates new system requirements and manages requirement changes in the requirements repository and documentation release system under direction of more experienced engineers.
- Creates and manages both original and revised specification/interface definition document and expedites documents through signature approval process.
- Creates and manages the requirements verification to ensure, as the system design/build matures, that it satisfies each system requirement.
- Provides data and support risk management (identifies potential risk) and trade study processes.
- Creates documentation to capture system design and functionality for use by external and internal customers.
- Manages aspects of system design, analyses, interface verification, testing, minor failure/anomaly resolution or mission operations under general direction.
- Creates and/or modifies mission trajectories and performs analysis of mission profiles under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
- Participates in the creation of and manages changes to system or subsystem analytical models under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
- Supports creation of system architectures(s), system physical views - system elements (blocks) and critical interfaces (internal and external).
- Supports design reviews for various components and system level elements as needed under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
- Supports trade studies, system sensitivity studies, design optimization studies, system performance assessments, system design assessments, Operations Analysis work such as mission analysis and timelines and CONOPS development.
- Performs cost estimates and project planning for a portion of larger project under direction from a CAM.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 4 years or Masters in Engineering & 2 years.
Active DOD Security Clearance is strongly desired. Ability to obtain a security clearance is required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years