Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Princ Systems Engineer- Lead MRBM T3C2 Program Active Secret Clearance Required
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an experienced Princ Systems Engineer to serve as MRBM T3c2 Target Program Lead Systems Engineer as part of the Systems Engineering Integration & Test team in our Chandler, AZ office.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Princ. Systems Engineer will serve as Lead Systems Engineer for the MRBM T3c2 Target Program requiring the candidate to function in a dynamic multi-disciplinary environment.
- The candidate should possess strong technical problem solving, written and verbal communication skills to generate and document system level launch vehicle requirements, perform vehicle performance assessments and participate in system level verification/data review activities.
- Regular interface with program management, engineering staff and external customers is expected.
- The candidate is expected to provide leadership to the systems engineering effort for the MRBM T3c2 program including direct and in-direct management of engineers with limited oversight from engineering senior leadership personnel in a collaborative environment.
- The candidate should be willing to occasionally work during odd hours (nights/weekends) and occasionally longer than normal (>40 hrs/wk) to meet deadlines.
- The candidate should possess a strong resolve to drive tasks to completion autonomously and possess demonstrated mentoring/training skills.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 7 years of related work experience.
- Candidate must have a DoD Secret level security clearance which generally requires US Citizenship as a prerequisite.
- A strong experienced-based and academic foundation in Systems Engineering fundamentals is desired.
- Experience with Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems LVD Systems Engineering standards/guidelines and expectations is desired.
- Experience with external customer interfacing (meetings, presentation, negotiation) is desired.
- System testing and launch operations experience is desired.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 7 years or Masters in Engineering & 5 years or PhD & 2 years.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years