Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Systems Engineer - Integration & Test OmegA Program
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Integration & Test-focused role will perform analysis, design, or test of moderately complex designs, including structural components, electrical power distribution systems, avionics, propulsion, or other functional systems of the OmegA space launch vehicle. Generally work from preliminary studies developed by more experienced engineers. Study design concepts and criteria to ascertain the engineering principles involved and with general direction, plan, prepare, and complete the design. Evaluate completed design with more senior engineers and other technical groups and make modifications necessary to achieve a design that satisfies requirements. Develop, coordinate, and conduct the test programs required to evaluate the design. May also oversee, with senior engineer oversight, component supplier design, analysis, manufacture, and test.
1. Job Knowledge/Technical Skills - Broad understanding and application of company mechanical and/or electrical engineering technical standards.
Broad technical expertise and working knowledge of other related disciplines.
Prepares and presents engineering products for Requirements and Design Reviews.
2. With limited guidance, studies basic design concepts and criteria for complex materials, components, or functional systems. Applies engineering principles to adapt or improve upon heritage features from previous successful designs of a similar nature.
3. Makes an extra effort to provide quality customer service. Constantly seeks new sources of information and provides information necessary to meet customer needs.
4. Demonstrates a willingness to seek creative, new and different ways to accomplish outcomes. Demonstrates a willingness to seek creative, new and different ways to accomplish outcomes.
5. Perform complex engineering design, development, analysis, and/or test activities to support assigned projects.
6. Requirements Derivation/ Test Development - Develop test programs as needed to evaluate system elements, such as materials, structural components, power and telemetry margins, etc.
Supports and leads the testing and/or evaluation/validation of a component, subsystem, or system analytical model or actual system implementation.
7. Manage test activities and test article fabrication, including documentation of results.
8. Perform research for related engineering projects.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to solve problems, support troubleshooting efforts, drive tasks to completion
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and multi-task
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience working with design, integration, or testing of launch vehicles is highly desired.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 2 years or Masters Degree in Engineering.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year