Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Program Manager- SE&IT Directoreate and OmegA Program
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Currently seeking an experienced Program Manager to provide leadership to our SEIT Directorate and OmegA Program team in our Chandler, AZ office.
Role description & Responsibilities:
This SEIT Manager position will support the OmegA program that includes development and certification of the EELV compliant intermediate and heavy launch vehicle configurations, East and West Coast Launch Sites, and execution of the flight demonstration missions for the United States Air Force. The primary role is to ensure clear requirements development, interface design, testability, and verification. It also emphasizes the importance of collaborative system design, with insight and oversight across all engineering boundaries. This position will report to the Program Chief Engineer and the Director of SEIT. In this position, the SEIT Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following focus areas:
- Participate in the design and development of the OmegA system architecture.
- Ensure that design changes in hardware and software are compatible with existing components and subsystems, particularly for efforts requiring the support of more than one engineering discipline.
- Develop comprehensive design and interface requirements and lead the verification effort, ensuring cross-functional and inter-divisional communication.
- Support the Integrated Operations Organization in development of the program master test plan, integration concepts and integration flows with specific emphasis on Test Like You Fly assessment and verification.
- Effectively utilize Systems Engineering products, such as Reliability Analyses, FMECAs, First Flight/Reuse and TLYF Assessments early in the system architecture and design phase to identify and mitigate risks.
- Lead the process and review products for formal data reviews.
- Provide direct supervision of Systems Engineering Lead.
- Perform EVMS functions (CAM) for SEIT WBS elements and work within the allocated budgets to meet the overall program cost objectives.
- Establish and track SEIT goals and objectives in line with and in support of OmegA program goals and objectives.
- Complete technical trades as required.
- Work with the Integrated Operations Organization to establish a recurring vehicle Integration and Test process that integrates lean process methodologies to meet program cost objectives.
- Provide written status reports including support of weekly and bi-weekly program management reviews.
- This position requires a BS degree in Engineering and a minimum of seven (7) years of related experience.
- Supervisory experience or previous Lead Engineer experience is required.
- Experience with Reliability analyses, FMECA, First Flight/Reuse, and TLYF Assessments
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with EVMS
- Previous experience in Systems Engineering is desirable
- Strong presentation skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years