Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Program Operations Project Manager-GMD Program
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an experienced Program Operations Project Manager to join our Program team at our Vandenberg AFB, CA site.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Program Operations Project Manager will manage the GMD Program requirements with the Boost Vehicle Integration Team.
- Lead/direct all activities at VAFB related to the integration of the GMD Boost Vehicle
- Serve as the liaison between the GMD Program Operations Management team and the VAFB Boost Vehicle Integration team
- Accurately forecast new requirements to Boost Vehicle Integration while working closely with the Program Material Control Account Manager and Program Planning to ensure all hardware is meeting the overall Program Safety, Quality and Schedule requirements
- Manage the Boost Vehicle VSET including Parts procurement, engineering documentation to include drawings and work instructions to meet delivery dates and communicate all issues the VSET cannot overcome to the Program Operations Manager.
- Coordinate with VAFB Site Director and Program Operations Manager to resolve all resource issues, holds & other issues in a timely manner
- Ensure hardware is prioritized accurately with Boost Vehicle Integration Team.
- Responsible for Earned Value Management for all Boost Vehicle Integration labor and Material.
- Responsible for ensuring all hardware is available per the integrated master schedule for Integration and Test
- Responsible for Program Metrics on all hardware built within the Boost Vehicle Integration Facility
- Provide the necessary leadership to transition new program products from development to Boost Vehicle Integration.
- Responsible for managing the Return Material Authorization process for the GMD VAFB Facility.
- Lead/facilitate process improvement activities with 5S, lean practices, eliminating waste, and improving efficiencies
- Lead/facilitate problem solving and cross functional teams to resolve product/process issues with Boost Vehicle Integration Team
- Interface with the customer/facility/VAFB Range Safety groups as necessary to facilitate efficient hardware delivery, repair, support, etc.
- Candidate must have a minimum of nine years of related experience.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Active security clearance
- Strong Control Account Manager Experience
- Cost and Schedule Analysis Experience
- Strong Operation Leadership Experience with leading a team of engineers, Technicians and Support personnel
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience with Costpoint
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to effectively communicate to all levels of employees and management
- Must be detail-oriented but able to understand the big picture
- Demonstrated effectiveness in managing internal relationships, prioritization, and delegation.
- BS/BA degree in Engineering or related field required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years