Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
NGIS is seeking an experienced Machinist to join our team at our Mesa, AZ facility.
- Set up and operate CNC machine tools.
- Primary duties will be running of CNC lathes and mills, but will also include drilling machines, hones, manual milling machines and various hand tools.
- Able to interpret blueprints, sketches and engineering specifications.
- Able to use a variety of machinist’s hand tools and precision measuring instruments to produce tight tolerance parts.
- Closely follow established work instructions and set ups.
- Must be capable of working with minimum supervision.
- 6 years minimum experience running CNC Lathes and/or Mills with 4 years minimum set up experience.
- Must be fully versed in general shop practices and all manner of precision inspection equipment.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to drive a forklift.
- Demonstrates initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and highly motivated for excellence
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement with a focus on customer service excellence.
- Excels in a team environment; applies teamwork attitude and work ethics
- Responsible for demonstrating a high degree of concern for safety of self and others
- Good documentation and organization skills
- Standard computer skills including MS Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry 30 lbs.
- Able to start work at 6am, work overtime and some weekends if needed.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Education: High School/GED