Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrup Grumman is seeking a Engineering Technician for our Chandler, Az Location
This is a split shift position with core hours of 12:00pm – 9:30pm supporting Manufacturing Engineering. This position will work closely with Manufacturing Engineers to support and improve operations in cable/wire harness assembly. Assists Engineers in developing new processes and develop new / emerging technologies.
- Complete, in-depth understanding and application of technical expertise. Has detailed knowledge of other related disciplines. Possesses critical understanding of industry practices. Tasks & duties are varied in nature, not strictly routine.
- Works from schematics and drawings. Assists engineers to create, modify, and test products and processes. Meets negotiated engineering budget and schedule.
- Provides and implements technical solutions to routine and or semi-complex problems which require ingenuity and innovation.
- Demonstrates individual ownership for action items in projects as assigned.
- Work is performed under general oversight. Plans, prioritizes, schedules, coordinates and arranges personal efforts to accomplish objectives. Work is reviewed upon completion from a long term perspective.
- Strong contributor to the completion of programs and projects. Provides frequent input to project success.
- Contacts are primarily internal company contacts including supervisors and group professionals. Occasional contact with external customers.
Education and Experience
Generally requires HS & 2 years or equivalent combination of education & experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED