Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Quality Assurance Asst
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrup Grumman in Chandler, Arizona is looking for a Sr. Quality Assurance Assistant.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
Performs detail inspections of mechanical items that use Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance design techniques at a launch site for a major manufacturer of space launch vehicles. This involves the inspections of tight tolerances of dimensions and details having feature control frames controlling forms, profiles, run-outs and locations.
- Provide independent verification that critical operations have been performed and document results of these inspections.
- Candidate interfaces with various levels of technical personnel to ensure their understanding of inspection results.
- Prepares inspection reports and maintains inspection records.
- Enters, maintains and extracts inspection support data via a computerized database system.
- Provide inspection methods guidance to engineering and design personnel.
- Helps in the daily housekeeping of the area and equipment to comply with Foreign Object Damage control requirements, and other duties as directed by management.
This position requires prolonged periods of sitting, standing, walking and the ability to lift and carry 50 lbs for short distances. Regular overtime past the normal 40 hour week is expected.
- Candidate must have a minimum of four years of related experience. Six years recent experience in the inspection of complex aerospace mechanical and propulsion systems and their detail components in an ISO9001 or AS9100 compliant environment.
- Must understand mechanical and propulsion aerospace engineering drawings and specifications and choose the appropriate physical inspection methods and equipment to determine compliance of items to design requirements.
- Candidate must possess the personal skills to interact with all levels of a technical organization and be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ideal Candidate will be familiar with aerospace mechanical and electronic systems and subsystems. Experience with inspection /fabrication of electro-mechanical assembles, cable assemblies, and soldering electrical/electronic assemblies,
- 2-4 years’ experience in inspection activities such as: In-Process, Final and First Article.
- Trained and certified to the following industry standards: IPC-A-620 or equivalent, IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001.
- Experience using Costpoint, Tp QA, Microsoft Word and excel.
- Read and interpret schematics, assembly drawings, inspection drawings or any other type of referenced material required to perform inspection tasks.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. is required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED