Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Time Collection Analyst
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrup Grumman is seeking a Sr. Accountant for our Chandler, Arizona location
Experience using an electronic Time Keeping system required. Government Accounting Experience helpful. Will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of employee hours sent to the Corporate Payroll Department and reconciling Labor to Payroll after payroll is calculated. Also will respond to questions/issues from internal/external auditors and business units. Will also be responsible for updating system tables to ensure that labor is captured accurately. Will assist Time Collection analysts with Import/Export of timesheets from Time Collection to Costpoint Labor System. Costpoint experience very helpful. Provide financial analysis of Labor Cost and hours. Minimum five years’ experience with Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance. May be required to assist with problem resolution as questions arise from employees or program finance.
· Enter time into an electronic Time Collection System as required
· Assist with export of time from Time Collection to Costpoint
· Calculate and monitor employees authorized for FMLA and/or third party payments from disability vendor
· Respond to internal/external inquiries,
· Develop good working relationship with business units to understand their financial practices
· Manually maintain Excel Spreadsheets that track Salaried Overtime and shift pay.
· Calculate and enter Field Pay as required.
· Identify and assist in implementing process improvements
· Exposure to financial reporting tools
· Proficient at using Microsoft Excel and Word
· Strong Analytical skills
· Four year Accounting degree, plus a minimum of 5 years related experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years