Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Warehouse/Shuttle Truck Driver
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
This is a contract position:
Warehouse Driver – Shuttle Truck Driver
Transporting inventory parts that are nonexplosive and nonhazardous from 300 S. Carver, Tempe to/from 3380 S. Price Rd, Chandler, AZ - 8.9 miles
Type of vehicle is a 24 Foot Box Truck, air brakes (DOT Physical required), light duty p/u, 18 foot flatbed, and panel van - All NGIS vehicles
Delivery Driver Job Description Template
We are looking for a reliable Delivery Driver who is concerned with customer satisfaction and transporting items in a safe, timely manner. The Delivery Driver will pick up and drop off items while adhering to assigned routes and time schedules. Be willing to work as part of the delivery team in order to ensure that the items are complete, packed correctly, and safely delivered to the correct client. Be thorough in ensuring orders are properly fulfilled, committed to work safety, and passionate about satisfying clients.
Delivery Driver Responsibilities:
- Load, transport, and deliver items to clients or businesses in a safe, timely manner.
- Perform daily duties while wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), not limited to, but includes; protective footwear, gloves and eye protection as required.
- Review orders before and after delivery to ensure that orders are complete, and the customer is satisfied.
- Adjust and be flexible to changing priorities and time demands.
- Assist with loading, securing, and unloading items from vehicles.
- Provide excellent customer service, answer questions, and handle complaints from clients.
- Adhere to assigned routes and follow time schedules.
- Abide by all transportation laws and maintain a safe driving record.
- Prepare bills of lading, transportation requests, reports and other documents relating to deliveries.
- Operate equipment and machines, such as cars, trucks, forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.
Requires a High School diploma
- Valid driver's license issued by the state where you intend to work.
- Clean driving record for past 5 years.
- Special licenses may be required to operate certain vehicles.
- Driving experience is required.
- Strong time management and customer service skills.
- Ability to walk, drive, and lift and carry heavy items for extended periods.
- Attention to detail.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Education: High School/GED