Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr Production Planner (Production/Material)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Plans, prepares, issues and aligns material requirements with production schedules and outside processing requirements to ensure a controlled flow of accepted materials timed to meet production requirements on various space flight programs. Collaborates with Manufacturing Engineering, Master Scheduling and the Production Planning team to ensure raw material and component requirements are available to support internal and external processing.
A complete understanding of how a Bill of Materials is developed and managed through the product life cycle, including identifying make and buy parts and revision control of parts.
Ensures major projects, program schedules and plans are horizontally and vertically integrated across company functional groups including program management, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain and quality.
Advises management of the status of outside processing, production work in progress, material availability and production problems to ensure that personnel/equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed; schedules production equipment; confirms material supply and demands; prepares purchase requests for the production or purchase of components and services based on a master production schedule, shop load, and inventory requirements.
- Performs shop order release and closure in ERP and reconciliation of parts.
- Works production schedules for multiple programs and ensures actual production meets scheduled requirements by working with Value Stream Leaders to ensure work center delivery performance.
- Manages schedule at work center activities using comprehensive program/milestone schedules through visual and system established controls.
- Analyzes risks to identified bottlenecks, including forward and reverse scheduling methods, for schedule recovery.
- Works closely with production team to determine the needs and constraints of the manufacturing shop floor and technicians and schedules work accordingly.
- Coordinates interdepartmental activity with Program Management, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Engineering to ensure production and customer specifications are accurate and production schedules are timely. Provides detailed information in coordination with Production Control and Operations meets daily relative to schedules, Quality and customer on time delivery status.
- Manage outside processing suppliers from creation of purchase requisition to final delivery.
- Updates visual management boards daily with current job/program status.
- Perform work order variance analysis and review MRP execution and ensures accuracy of information, reconciles supply and demand, validates master scheduling requirement.
- Identify raw material and component requirements for production from engineering and production specifications, schedules and Costpoint MRP.
- Generate purchase requisitions to support build requirements and/or production consumables.
- Order parts, materials, and shipping containers and interface with Purchasing, Property, and Materials Administration as required to ensure trouble-free, on-time acquisition.
- Coordinates timing of purchase, acceptance, and routing of materials based on program need.
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure appropriate routing, scheduling, and availability of raw materials or components.
- Initiate and facilitate both in-house and out-of-house piece part manufacturing. Generate Work Instructions as required.
- Provide input, based on materials availability, to the Production Planner/Master Scheduler.
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing, inventory, production, procurement and quality basics, engineering flows and ability to read technical data i.e., blue prints, schematics and other documents
- Perform physical requirements of the position: using pallet jack or other equipment move parts weighing up to 45/50 lbs, as required.
- 5 - 7 years recent production control planning and scheduling experience. Experience within an aerospace manufacturing environment preferred.
- BA/BS Production Management, Business Management, Industrial Engineering and/or Supply Chain Management preferred.
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office. ERP experience with MRP execution desired.
- Excellent written/verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrates understanding and is able to apply continuous improvement terminology/tools: LEAN, Six Sigma principles/DFSS/Lean design principles, Value Stream, and Kaizen.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years