Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Staff Aerospace Engineer (Navigation & Tracking)
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Staff Aerospace Engineer (Navigation & Tracking) in Northridge. Relocation assistance, while not guaranteed, may be available.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Apply broad knowledge of vehicle dynamics and estimation theory to solve complex aerospace engineering problems. Contribute to development of new knowledge, concepts, products and innovative solutions. Interpret, organize, execute and coordinate technical assignments for aerospace engineering activities.
- Collaborate in top-level requirements flow-down to
- Navigation and/or Target Tracking subsystem requirements
- Navigation sensors and/or Targeting sensors selection
- Define Navigation/Target Tracking modeling requirements and simulation architecture
- Plan, organize and execute Navigation/Target Tracking algorithm design, development and implementation
- Participate and support Navigation/Target Tracking subsystem integration and test
- Analyze test results of Navigation/Target Tracking subsystem from 6 Degree-of-Freedom (DOF) simulation, Processor-in-the-Loop simulation, Hardware-in-the-Loop simulation, ground test, Captive Carry flight test and Launch
- Verify Navigation/Target Tracking subsystem performance meets requirements
- Attend and present at various design reviews and test readiness reviews
Required Education and Experience
- BS in Engineering & 15 years of relevant experience; or Masters in Engineering & 10 years of relevant experience; or PhD in Engineering & 7 years of relevant experience
- Active DOD Secret Security Clearance.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of one or both technical fields below:
- Navigation - Own-Ship State Estimation, GPS aided Inertial Navigation System, Strap-down Navigation, Multi-Sensor Data Fusion, Navigation Sensors, Measure of Performance for Navigation
- Tracking - Target State Estimation, Track File Manager, Multi-Target Tracking, Angle-Only Tracking, Geo-Locating, Multi-Sensor Data Fusion, Targeting Sensors, Measure of Performance for Target Tracking
- Demonstrate capability in
- Modeling navigation sensor/targeting sensor, vehicle dynamics/target dynamics in 6 DOF simulation with ECI/ECEF/Geodetic/NED coordinate frames
- Collaborate in flight vehicle system development. Leverage multi-disciplinary design, optimization, and analysis processes, tools, and efforts.
- Matlab, Simulink, C++
- Author proposal papers
Preferred Education and Experience
- Understanding of
- Software development process
- Configuration management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: 25-50%
Years of Experience: +10 Years