Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Material Program Manager
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Material Program Manager (MPM) for our Northridge, CA location.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems (NGIS) designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Material Program Manager (MPM) is the single point of contact interfacing with the Program Office and internal customers; Quality, Engineering, Operations, Finance, and Contracts. You represent the Supply Chain organization on policies, strategies and objectives, oversee all SCM activities needed to meet program requirements and ensures a strong link between various Supply Chain functions including Purchasing/Sub-Contracts, Logistics and Production Control.
Summarize and interpret current and projected material strategy related to risk, opportunities, sales forecast, supplier OTD and financial viability. Monitors supplier quality and delivery performance; identifies problems and coordinates solutions with supplier.Proactively supports material management and inventory planning for assigned program(s).
The Material Program Manager (MPM) is a strong leader with demonstrated project management and supply chain management skills.
- Liaison for assigned program(s) and supply chain management function including buyers, planners, subcontract administrators, customers, suppliers, etc
- Represent NGIS in Program Management Reviews (PMRs) and leadership briefings (internal/external)
- Point of contact interfacing with the Program Office and internal customers; Quality, Engineering, Operations, Finance, and Contracts
- Oversee all Supply Chain Management activities needed to meet program requirements and maintain link between various Supply Chain functions including Purchasing/Sub-Contracts, Logistics and Production Control
- Total supply chain execution for assigned program(s) from proposal through product delivery
- Responsible for preparing and executing Material Program Plans (MPPs)
- Understand basic technical knowledge of the assigned program(s)
- Perform in a deputy program manager role, especially for a Program with large material content
- Balance strategic thinking with tactical application to support program execution
- Identify and mitigate program risks as they pertain to material requirements
- Communicate linkage of overall program and supply chain objectives and establish compatible long-range vision and strategy for strategic subcontracts including strategic agreements
- Oversee program planning and execution through applicable phases to support prime program requirements: concept, exploration, engineering development, advanced development, production, sustainment, retirement, etc.
- Meet company and customer requirements by providing the linkage between customer, subcontractor, program management and internal support functions
- Drive timely and clearly communicated program decisions and recommendations
- Ensure program-wide focus on safety, reliability, cost, and schedule and adequacy of systems, procedures, people and selection of companies (companies, strategic partners) for long term success
- Challenge business impediments to excellence and continuous improvement
- Drive data based decision making
- Cost accounting responsibility (material and labor) for an assigned program
- Establish/negotiate material budgets to support program requirements
- Establish and track monthly sales/expense forecasts, risks, and opportunities
- Focal point and lead for Program EACs as it pertains to material
- Responsible creating Supply Chain Management labor BOEs
- Managing program material proposal activities
- Prepares and maintains priced bills of material. Reads and understands Customer RFP requirements and documents and communicates ground rules/assumptions used in proposals. Leads proposal and material pricing activities associated with responding to customer RFPs. Lead major material negotiations directly with Customer; provides leadership support for supplier negotiations.
- Handle Financial Reporting, can provide qualitative / quantitative analysis and present material in clear and concise manner. CAM responsibility for material cost accounts that reviews with both internal and external customers. Develop material budgets including Estimates-To-Complete and Estimates-at-Completion, material sales forecasts and vendor payment management. Manage budgets and control costs.
- Creates and manages a Material Program Plan (MPP) that aligns with the program objectives. Provide new material solutions to existing programs. Also, finds new material/sourcing solutions in proposal situations.
- Prepare advanced worksheets representing risk and opportunities
- Conduct Make vs. Buy decisions; compute complex artifacts capturing the analysis.
- Up to 20% travel required - primarily domenstic.
Education and Experience
- BS degree - and, minimum 9 years' experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years