Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Senior Principal Material Program Manager
Northrop Grumman Innovation Services is currently seeking a Senior Principal Material Program Manager for our Northridge, CA location.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems (NGIS) designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Sr. Principal Material Program Manager (MPM) is the single point of contact interfacing with the Program Office and internal customers; Quality, Engineering, Operations, Finance, and Contracts. You represent the Supply Chain organization on policies, strategies and objectives, oversee all SCM activities needed to meet program requirements and ensures a strong link between various Supply Chain functions including Purchasing/Sub-Contracts, Logistics and Production Control.
The Material Program Manager (MPM) is a strong leader with demonstrated project management and supply chain management skills. This MPM position will support both the proposal and execution phases of a large development program with major subcontractors.
- Liaison for assigned program(s) and supply chain management function including buyers, planners, subcontract administrators, customers, suppliers, etc
- Represent NGIS in Program Management Reviews (PMRs) and leadership briefings (internal/external)
- Support and lead contracting various tasks including RFP development and proposal evaluation (i.e. cost and price analysis)
- Cost accounting responsibility (material and labor) with Earned Value Management System (EVMS) Requirements
- Oversee all Supply Chain Management activities needed to meet program requirements and maintain link between various Supply Chain functions including Purchasing/Sub-Contracts, Logistics and Production Control
- Understand basic technical knowledge of the assigned program(s)
- Balance strategic thinking with tactical application to support program execution
- Identify and mitigate program risks as they pertain to material requirements
- Communicate linkage of overall program and supply chain objectives and establish compatible long-range vision and strategy for strategic subcontracts including strategic agreements
- Oversee program planning and execution through applicable phases to support prime program requirements: concept, exploration, engineering development, advanced development, production, sustainment, retirement, etc.
- Meet company and customer requirements by providing the linkage between customer, subcontractor, program management and internal support functions
- Ensure program-wide focus on safety, reliability, cost, and schedule and adequacy of systems, procedures, people and selection of companies (companies, strategic partners) for long term success
- Establish/negotiate material budgets to support program requirements
- Establish and track monthly sales/expense forecasts, risks, and opportunities
- Focal point and lead for Program EACs as it pertains to material
- Responsible creating Supply Chain Management labor BOEs
- Managing program material proposal activities
Basic Qualifications to Succeed:
- Working knowledge of EVMS and the ability to manage Subcontractors under a program with EVMS requirements
- Experience with cost reimbursable and incentive fee subcontracts
- Experience in proposal analysis and negotiation of major subcontracts
- Must be able to exercise influence and lead others
- Proven leadership skills and experience managing multiple projects from inception to completion
- Ability to make independent decisions, be self-motivated, possess excellent communications skills, detail-oriented, and team player
- Capable of multi-tasking and able to work extended hours as necessary
- Experience working with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA)
- Communicate clearly, and excel in a fast paced environment,
- Ability to be flexible, innovative, work with speed and agility to drive tasks to completion
- Intermediate user with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Project, Excel and PowerPoint
- In depth working knowledge with FAR/DFAR
- Material Program Management and/or Supply Chain Management experience working on prime defense programs
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel domestic and internationally
- Strong Program and Budget Management skills
- Must be able to obtain DoD clearance
- Supply Chain/Program Management experience under a Prime Contract
- Integrated Product Team experience
- Certified Professional in Supply Chain Management (CPSM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business
- Lean and Six Sigma Training and/or Certification desired
- Experience leading and support prime proposal efforts
- Active DoD clearance, Secret
Education and Experience
- Generally requires BS & 14 years or equivalent combination of education & experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years