Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Senior Principal System Security Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Senior Principal System Security Engineer to provide talent to our Defense Electronics Systems (DES) group in Northridge, CA.
The System Security Engineer will provide technical leadership for Program Protection for a missile development program. The position requires strong systems engineering with requirements development/management skills. Excellent communications skills required, as it will involve direct interface with customers and suppliers. The System Security Engineer provides technical expertise for the requirements, design and analysis, implementation, and verification/certification of Program Protection, Cybersecurity, and Anti-Tamper solutions under the US government Risk Management Framework and recommends reasonable courses of action taking into account identified risks, requirements, budgetary constraints, and program schedules.
- BS, Engineering or Computer Science
- MS, Engineering or Computer Science Desired
- 8 to 10 years minimum in aerospace/defense industry
- 5 years of relevant experience in the fields of computer technology, PP, AT, or Cybersecurity
- Experience in requirements generation, design, development, integration, and testing of systems for military applications
- Experience with weapon systems and real-time operating systems
- Experience leading and advising DoD customers on PP issues
- Experience with program protection concepts, anti-tamper, cryptography, and security solutions
- Familiarity with documentation and tools such as: DoD 8500 series, DoD 5200 series, NIST Special Publications (800-53, 800-37, etc.)
- Active DoD Secret Security clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret clearance
- Project management experience
- Excellent oral presentation skills
- Team player/builder
- Excellent time management skills
- Problem solver
Desired Experience and Skills:
- DoD Top Secret clearance with current SSBI within last 5 years
- Cyber Certifications in accordance with DoDD 8570/DoDD 8140 such as CISSP, GSLC, CEH
- Aircraft/store integration experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years