Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Systems Architect/Systems Designer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Create and manage system requirements, specifications and the requirements verification data base. Implement changes to system and subsystem architecture models and run existing models and simulations to assess system performance.
- Mission and Concept of Operations analysis and system concept development for aerospace vehicles and/or autonomous vehicles.
- System architecture development for aerospace systems to include functional architecture, logical and physical architecture definition and trade-offs.
- System and subsystem requirements development for aerospace systems and/or GNC, ASE and EW, Avionics Communication, warhead, and propulsion systems.
- System design assessment and performance analysis.
- Modeling & Simulation of complex, dynamic systems.
- Technical interface for the system design and architecture to the Government Customer.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Must have a current/active Secret clearance; Top Secret clearance preferred.
- Minimum B.S. engineering degree or related; M.S. preferred
- 8-12 years’ experience in systems and hi-tech product development
- Well-versed, skilled and disciplined in system engineering processes
- Multi-disciplinary engineering skills, subject matter expertise in at least one area
- Model-based system engineering for defining system behavior and functional definition & flow (use case driven), logical and physical solutions development and capture (interfaces and major system/subsystems) and system analysis (parametric analysis) desired
- Background in aerospace systems; basic understanding of missile systems, GNC, warheads, and survivability
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: 25-50%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years