Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Staff Systems Analyst / Modeling & Simulation Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Systems Analyst / Modeling & Simulation Engineer to provide talent to our Defense Electronics Systems (DES) group in Northridge, CA. Relocation assistance, while not guaranteed, may be available.
Role description & Responsibilities:
Systems Analyst / Modeling & Simulation Engineer for tactical missile system development.
Key responsibilities include:
- Development and assessment of System and System of System CONOPs.
- Mission and engagement level modeling and simulation of blue and red systems.
- Performance and execution of high level trade studies, data reduction and analysis.
- Interpretation of modeling and simulation data to drive system architecture, requirements, and design trades.
- Out briefing data results to internal and external customers.
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline.
- Current/Active Secret clearance.
- 15+ years of experience in systems and hi-tech product development.
- High level understanding of tactical missile subsystems.
- Experience in all source analysis, intelligence data reduction, and modeling and simulation of threat systems based on intelligence reports.
- Background in defining hardware and software requirements for performing large scale modeling and simulation activities.
- Experience in running government owned analysis models, including SUPRESSOR and AFSIM.
- Proficiency in use of Matlab.
- C++, FORTRAN, Python, Simulink software experience.
- Experience in basic software development cycles and configuration management approaches.
- Detail oriented.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with internal and external team members and customers in both written, verbal and spoken form.
- Master of Science in an Engineering discipline.
- Current/active Top Secret clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is
required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: 25-50%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years