Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Princ. Systems Engineer - Vehicle Conceptual Design
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Senior Principal Systems Engineer - Vehicle Conceptual Design to provide talent to our Defense Electronics Systems (DES) group in Northridge, CA.
Role description & Responsibilities:
Senior Principle Systems Engineer and key technical contributor for systems development for tactical missile systems. Key responsibilities include:
- Vehicle Conceptual Design Engineering – Customer needs and solutions exploration for vehicle sizing and design space exploration, early vehicle performance analysis & assessments
- Vehicle Configuration Management – Maintain traceability of the vehicle to requirements, to past configurations, and tracking of physical characteristics of vehicle configurations (CAD models, packaging properties, mass properties)
- Trade studies and mechanical analysis for vehicle configurations
- Managing interfaces with prime contractors and subcontractors for mechanical integration coordination, interface definition, and joint analysis for system configurations
- Preparation and presentation of mechanical configuration information to customers via program interchange meetings, program reports, white papers, and proposals
- Air vehicle mechanical architecture development
- Well-versed, skilled and disciplined in system engineering processes
- Multi-disciplinary engineering skills, subject matter expertise in at least one area
- Familiar with multi-disciplinary optimization methods, analysis, and tools sets desired
- Background in aerospace systems; basic understanding of aircraft systems, missile systems, GNC, warheads, survivability, and their design drivers
- 12-18 years’ experience in systems and hi-tech product development
- Minimum B.S. engineering degree or related; M.S. preferred
- Must hold or qualify for a DoD Secret Clearance; Top Secret desired
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years